These objects help you create or import geometry into Plexus. They add new vertices and/or facets, which cannot be seen until you add a ‘Renderer Object’.
- Layers Object: Creates Vertices & Facets from Spot Lights, Point Lights, 3D Nulls and 3D Layers in the composition. You can selectively control which layers are to be used based on their names.
- Paths Object: Creates Vertices and Faces from the Masks applied to the current layer. If its a text layer it creates vertices based on the text outlines.
- OBJ Object: Imports vertices and faces from OBJ files or OBJ file sequences exported from various 3D applications.
- Primitives Object: Creates primitive shapes like a Cube and a Sphere. Helpful, if you need some basic shape to start with.
- Instances Object: Creates instances of another Plexus layer. Very useful to replicate objects and to create an echo between those instances.
- Slicer Object: Slicer objects lets you ‘slice through’ a mesh or project vertices onto a mesh. It creates interesting ‘scanning’ type of effects.